The Royal Malta Artillery and King’s Own Malta Regiment Memorials are also in the vicinity of the War Memorial, in its right hand side just across the road. The War Memorial is an Obelisk in the form of a Latin cross originally erected in memory of the dead of the First World War but now revered also as a memorial to the dead of both world wars. This monument was inaugurated by Governor Sir Charles Bonham Carter in 1938. The four plaques adorning this monument are the Maltese Flag with the George Cross, a scroll by President Roosevelt, another by King George VI praising Malta’s sacrifices in the Second World War, and another by King George V who praised Malta for its role in the First World War.
http://www.florianalocalcouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/War_Memorial_August_10_2011.jpeg 669 974 sbarbara http://www.florianalocalcouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo.png sbarbara2017-02-20 10:00:472017-04-04 13:59:12The War Memorial