This building was built during Grand Master Vilhena’s reign and was later established by Alexander Ball as administrative offices for the control of grain imported into Malta. This building was subsequently turned into barracks for army officers in 1826. During the last war General Montgomery prepared his plans for the invasion of Sicily, and eventually was named Montgomery House in his honor, and it was in this building that Winston Churchill and the President Roosevelt met towards the end of January 1945 before leaving for their meeting with Stalin at Yalta in February, 1945. The first bomb on Floriana hit this building on the 4th May 1941 causing serious damage. Since 1982 this building houses the offices of the Middle Sea Insurance and since then it has been re-named Middle Sea House.
https://www.florianalocalcouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Middlesea-House-courtyard-2011_1_tcm988-174642.jpg 324 709 sbarbara https://www.florianalocalcouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo.png sbarbara2017-04-03 11:25:322017-04-04 13:58:16Middle Sea House