L-għanjiet tal-politika tal-ippjanar għall-Floriana, kif deskritt fil-Pjani Lokali taz-zona tal-Port il-Kbir li hemm bħalissa jirriflettu b’mod ċar il-problema rikonoxxuta ta’ interessi varji fil-lokal tagħna tal-Floriana, fejn il-bilanċ bejn użu residentenzjali u kummerċjali qed jinbidel għad-detriment tal-komunità residenzjali. Il-komunità vera li tagħti l-ħajja lil-lokal. Din il-problema, li hija msemmija ferm u ta’ spiss mill-Kunsill Lokali kollu […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud sbarbara contributed a whooping 33 entries.
Entries by sbarbara
Herbert Ganado Gardens, formerly known as Kalkara Gardens – name derived from the former presence nearby of the then Kalkara Gate.
Sa Maison Gardens provide a quiet relaxing spot with beautiful views over Marsamxett harbour The Sa Maison Garden is also known as ‘il-Gnien tal-Milorda’ (Her Ladyship’s Garden) in memory of Lady Julia Lockwood, who loved this garden between 1842 and 1856 until her house was demolished and taken over by the military. After 1903, this […]
Formerly known as the Msida Bastion Cemetery, this served as a Protestant cemetery from 1806-56. It was restored over a period of ten years and was awarded the Silver Medal by Europa Nostra in 2002. A small museum was added in 2004. This was the main Protestant cemetery in Malta for about fifty years from […]
Vilhena garden is a small garden named after Grand Master Manoel Antonio de Vilhena. This garden, which is a belvedere site, was constructed on the initiative of the Floriana Local Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Policy. The garden was inaugurated on 7th October 2000 by the Minister of Social Policy, Dr. Lawrence […]
The fountain is located just before the bridge leading to Valletta’s City Gate. It was built on the site of St. Madeleine’s Lunette, a 17th-century lunette that protected the entrance to the city. The lunette was dismantled and its ditch was filled in with rubble in the 19th century. Landmarks located close to the fountain […]
The Mall is a promenade of 400 yards lined with trees and ponds. It was built by Grandmaster Lascaris in 1656 for the recreation of the Knights. Until the year 1942, the gardens were enclosed by high walls but, after the war, these walls were replaced by a lower boundary wall with iron railings to […]
This garden is also known as “il-Ġnien tal-Ġeneral” (The General’s Garden) and it forms part of Argotti’s former private section. The garden is noted for the beautiful fountain at its centre. For many years, entrance to St Philip Garden was restricted but, in recent years, it was upgraded and eventually made accessible to the general […]
These gardens are homogenous with other gardens and buildings on this side of the bastions, for the excellent panoramic views of the Grand Harbour. These gardens are named after the famous ophthalmic surgeon Sir Luigi Preziosi. During 2002-3, these gardens underwent a complete transformation including two new fountains and a new entry gate, following a […]
Floriana Local Council
15, Plazza Emanuel S. Tonna,
Malta FRN 1483