L-għan tal-attivita’ ta’ din is-sena mhux biss huwa ta’ divertiment imma wkoll li jkun hemm kontribut għall-fondazzjoni ALS f’Malta.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud sbarbara contributed a whooping 33 entries.
Entries by sbarbara
Il-Kunsill Lokali Floriana għandu pjaċir iħabbar li ser jorganizza l-ħdax–il edizzjoni tal- Festival Nazzjonali tal-Logħob tan-Nar tal-Art Mekkanizzat fi Pjazza San Publju (il-Fosos) fil-Floriana, nhar is-Sibt 29 ta’ April, 2017.
The Royal Malta Artillery and King’s Own Malta Regiment Memorials are also in the vicinity of the War Memorial, in its right hand side just across the road. The War Memorial is an Obelisk in the form of a Latin cross originally erected in memory of the dead of the First World War but now […]
Il-Kunsill Lokali Floriana jagħmel referenza għax-xandir riċenti dwar xogħlijiet li preżentement huma għaddejjin fiz-zona magħrufa dik ta’ Tritoni.
Porte des Bombes, originally known as Porta dei Cannoni, is the main gateway into Floriana. This gate, originally had only one porte and was designed by Mondion and constructed in 1721 by Grand Master Perellos. The coat of arms at the top of the gate is that of Grand Master Perellos. In June 1798, the […]
Wignacourt Water Tower is an interesting stone structure with a three metre high circular pedestal and a rounded tower above supported by pilasters. The structure is topped by a floral stone sculpture. From the unusual shape one can immediately surmise that the structure has had nothing to do with defence, habitation or religious worship. In […]
This is the work of the renowned Maltese sculptor Antonio Sciortino. It commemorates the International Eucharistic Congress of 1913, which was an important international religious event. Besides the imposing figure of Christ, this artistic bronze monument includes the figure of a lady representing Malta, kneeling in honour of Christ.
This imposing dome was originally a chapel built with funds provided by the Knight Fra Martino de Sarria in 1585. The original chapel was replaced in 1676 by a church dedicated to the Immaculate Conception. Grand Navarro Master Nicholas Cottoner built the church in thanksgiving for the end of the plague of 1675. The rotunda […]
St Publius, one of the first Maltese to be converted to Christianity by St Paul during the latter’s short stay in Malta in 60 AD is Floriana’s and one of Malta’s patron saints. The first stone of St Publis Parish Churchwas laid on 2nd August 1733 in the presence of Grand Master Vilhena. The church […]
M’hemmx dubju li l-Floriana hija “Ġenna ta’ Ġonna” għax tipposjedi l-akbar numru ta’ ġonna pubbliċi f’Malta mxerrdin mal-konfini tagħha, iżda għandha wkoll ħafna aktar x’toffri. Wara s-suċċessi fi snin preċedenti, din is-sena se ssir għas-6 edizzjoni l-attivita’ ‘Ġenna ta’ Ġonna’.
Floriana Local Council
15, Plazza Emanuel S. Tonna,
Malta FRN 1483